As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
With dozens and dozens of 5-star reviews and a million views and counting since 2021, this easy recipe is the second-most popular recipe on my entire site. It’s an easy way to whip up a personal size pizza in 5 minutes without rolling out any dough and perfect for a “pizza bar” for entertaining or customization for family meals.
How many times have you wanted pizza, only to be faced with the sad reality that meant you either
1) needed to order one
2) would have a crap ton leftover or
3) would need it delivered and what place is going to deliver you just one slice?
If you’re a normal human being, the answer to that question is way too many times. And I have to say– this recipe came together in desperation for some ‘za. A time when a mama just wanted some pizza and the refrigerator came to the rescue with all of the ingredients I needed to have delicious pizza without the delivery.
INGREDIENTS FOR TORTILLA PIZZA
As stated, this recipe makes 2 pizzas, but it can easily be scaled down to 1 personal size pizza.
What you will need for this recipe:
• pizza sauce (pasta sauce works, too!)
• shredded mozzarella
• grated Parmesan cheese
• any additional toppings (I love pepperoni, but check the recipe card for other suggestions)
So, as the recipe states, this pizza will take you 5 minutes.
FIVE MINUTES!! That’s IT.
That’s way faster than ordering and waiting for it to be delivered, or going to the grocery store and buying a frozen one, or rolling out your own pizza dough and making one from scratch any day.
Right? Yeah. 5 minutes to ‘za. Who isn’t about that life??
HOW TO MAKE TORTILLA PIZZA
You’re going to love how simple this is. Seriously!
The best tortillas we find for these tortilla pizzas are the 8 or 10 inch “gordita style.” We’ve used burrito style, whole wheat, and corn tortillas, and these ones just work the best.
That’s not to say you can’t use whatever tortilla you have on hand or prefer. We’ve just done extensive pizza research (it’s such a hard life), and we found this style and size to be the best.
A decent sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, a hefty sprinkle of shredded mozzarella, and then… Bring on the toppings!
Now, of course, you have to remember you’re working with a tortilla. This is not the time for the most ridiculous combination of toppings you can think of.
This is the time for some pepperoni, sausage crumbles (SO GOOD), shredded broccoli, or spinach. Leave the ham and pineapple for another day.
This is light, crisp, quick, and easy pizza. Keep it simple!
A mere 5 minutes in the oven or even just in the toaster oven, and you are ready to go with your tasty ‘za before you could even finish dictating your order to the pizza delivery place.
Truly. It’s that easy.
I can’t tell you how many of these tortilla pizzas we have made over the last several years. I mean, I was basically living on them for dinner pretty much daily when Matt started teaching evening classes and our first son was going to bed around 9pm.
They’ve continued to make appearances as our first son turned into a toddler and another baby came along.
It is quick and easy and I can make it while still tending to needy kiddos.
And, you know, because one toddler never wants the same toppings as the other toddler.
But for real… This easy tortilla pizza is just perfect!
It satisfies that pizza craving without breaking the bank, diet, or schedule.
AND, it’s the only time you can say you ate a whole pizza and didn’t feel like crap afterward. Right?
Totally my kind of pizza, friends.
Psssst… This is maybe the MOST IMPORTANT THING.
This 5 minute tortilla pizza is totally kid-approved.
TORTILLA PIZZA RECIPE FAQs
More Perfect Pizza Recipes:
- Apple Prosciutto Pizza from Jen Around the World
- Autumn Pizza from Our Good Life
- Broccoli Pizza with Provolone, Mozzarella, and Pecorino Romano from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Chicago-Style Deep Dish Pizza Recipe from The Fresh Cooky
- Crab Rangoon Pizza from Palatable Pastime
- Filet French Bread Pizza from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- French Bread Mummy Pizzas from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Hatch Chile Pizza with Bacon and Mozzarella from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Hatch Chili and Ricotta Sauce Pineapple Pizza from Magical Ingredients
- Skillet Pizza Dip from Family Around the Table
- Taco Pizza from Art of Natural Living
5 Minute Personal Tortilla Pizza
- 2- 8" or 10" flour tortillas1,2
- ½ cup (125g) pizza or pasta sauce divided
- 3 Tablespoons (17g) grated Parmesan cheese divided
- ½ cup (112g) shredded mozzarella divided
- 20 pepperoni slices OR assorted other toppings divided
- Arrange one rack in the oven to the center position. Preheat the oven3 to 425ºF (218ºC). Place tortillas on a flat surface.2- 8" or 10" flour tortillas1,2
- Spoon approximately ¼ cup (63g) of the sauce onto each tortilla and spread around evenly, leaving a small margin around the edges.½ cup (125g) pizza or pasta sauce
- Sprinkle approximately 1 and ½ Tablespoons (8.5g) of Parmesan cheese, followed by ¼ cup (56g) of shredded mozzarella on each pizza. Top with pepperoni and/or desired toppings.3 Tablespoons (17g) grated Parmesan cheese, ½ cup (112g) shredded mozzarella, 20 pepperoni slices OR assorted other toppings
- Carefully place pizzas in the oven directly on the rack and bake for 5 minutes, or until desired color/crispness. You may also bake each pizza individually in a toaster oven. Remove from oven and allow to cool a few minutes before cutting and serving.
- Flour tortillas: we prefer to use “gordita” style because they are thicker and hold up to toppings better.
- Just one tortilla: this recipe is designed for 2 people, but is easily halved for just 1. In fact, we often make it just for 1!
- Oven: while the instructions are written for the oven, you can easily make this in the toaster oven (toast for 5 minutes) or air fryer.
All nutritional values are approximate and provided to the reader as a courtesy. Changing ingredients and/or quantities will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.