As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
An easy way to whip up a personal size pizza without rolling any dough! Perfect for a “pizza bar” for entertaining or customization for family meals.
How many times have you wanted pizza, only to be faced with the sad reality that meant you either
1) needed to order one
2) would have a crap ton leftover or
3) would need it delivered and what place is going to deliver you just one slice?
If you’re a normal human being, the answer to that question is way too many times. And I have to say– this recipe came together in desperation for some ‘za. A time when a mama just wanted some pizza and dad came to the rescue with ingredients in the fridge.
Tortillas. Pasta sauce. Cheese.
And pepperoni, of course, if you’re feeling it.
So, as the recipe states, this pizza will take you 5 minutes.
5!! That’s IT.
That’s way faster than ordering and waiting for it to be delivered, or going to the grocery store and buying a frozen one, or rolling out your own pizza dough and making one from scratch any day.
Right? Yeah. 5 minutes to ‘za. Who isn’t about that life??
The best tortillas we find for these tortilla pizzas are the 8 or 10 inch “gordita style.” We’ve used burrito style, whole wheat, and corn tortillas, and these ones just work the best.
That’s not to say you can’t use whatever tortilla you have on hand or prefer. We’ve just done extensive pizza research (it’s such a hard life), and we found this style and size to be the best.
A decent sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, a hefty sprinkle of shredded mozzarella, and then… Bring on the toppings!
Now, of course, you have to remember you’re working with a tortilla. This is not the time for the most ridiculous combination of toppings you can think of.
This is the time for some pepperoni, sausage crumbles (SO GOOD), shredded broccoli, or spinach. Leave the ham and pineapple for another day.
This is light, crisp, quick, and easy pizza. Keep it simple!
A mere 5 minutes in the oven or even just in the toaster oven, and you are ready to go with your tasty ‘za before you could even finish dictating your order to the pizza delivery place.
Truly. It’s that easy.
I can’t tell you how many of these tortilla pizzas we have made over the last several years. I mean, I was basically living on them for dinner pretty much daily when Matt started teaching evening classes and our first son was going to bed around 9pm.
They’ve continued to make appearances as our first son turned into a toddler and another baby came along.
It is quick and easy and I can make it while still tending to needy kiddos.
And, you know, because one toddler never wants the same toppings as the other toddler.
But for real… This tortilla pizza is just perfect!
It satisfies that pizza craving without breaking the bank, diet, or schedule.
AND, it’s the only time you can say you ate a whole pizza and didn’t feel like crap afterward. Right?
Totally my kind of pizza, friends.
Psssst… This is maybe the MOST IMPORTANT THING.
This 5 minute tortilla pizza is totally toddler approved.
5 Minute Personal Tortilla Pizza
- 1/2 cup (125g) pasta sauce
- 2 8" or 10" flour tortillas*
- 3 Tablespoons (17g) grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 1/2 cup (112g) shredded mozzarella divided
- 20 pepperoni slices OR assorted other toppings divided
- Arrange one rack in the oven to the center position. Preheat the oven to 425ºF (218ºC). Place tortillas on a flat surface.
- Spoon approximately 1/4 cup (63g) of the sauce onto each tortilla and spread around evenly, leaving a small margin around the edges.
- Sprinkle approximately 1 and 1/2 Tablespoons (8.5g) of Parmesan cheese, followed by 1/4 cup (56g) of shredded mozzarella on each pizza. Top with pepperoni and/or desired toppings.
- Carefully place pizzas in the oven directly on the rack and bake for 5 minutes, or until desired color/crispness. You may also bake each pizza individually in a toaster oven. Remove from oven and allow to cool a few minutes before cutting and serving.