As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Rich, dense brownies stuffed with York Peppermint Patties. The perfect treat for mint chocolate lovers!
For me, a Peppermint Pattie can turn any bad day around. Thankfully, my darling husband knows this about me. There is also a small collection shashed away in the butter compartment of our fridge at all times. If you eat one, you must replace it for the next person in need.
April Family Rules.
While I really do love Peppermint Patties super chilly, I do not discriminate against whatever form they’re in as long as they’re entering my digestive system. Cold, frozen, regular, melty, inside brownies…
Uhhhh, yeah. Just get.in.mahbelly.
So, let’s talk about that last vehicle for getting Peppermint Patties in my mouth. These brownies are maybeeeee the best brownies I’ve ever had. Move over Duncan Hines, step aside Betty Crocker– my super fudgy scratch brownies are back in town and this time, I’ve stuffed them with mint chocolate perfection.
What better way to continue with #lynnsfavs??
I have preached it before and I will preach it again until boxed brownie mixes fall by the wayside and maybe only find themselves in the hands of preppers… Scratch brownies are where it’s at. They’re easy. They’re uncomplicated. And they’re so(oooooo) much better than anything you’ll ever find in a box.
Trust me. I’m thinking about engraving “scratch brownies are the only way” into my headstone.
This is the very same scratch brownie recipe I used in these chocolate cherry chunk brownies and in these chocolate chip cheesecake swirl brownies. And you’ll definitely see it again, I can assure you that.
Now, to get these ultra fudgy brownies in your kitchen… Chocolate and butter are melted together to create the fudgiest base possible for your brownies. To that, we add brown sugar for super chew and 3 whole eggs for all that density.
Just a tiny bit of flour gives my scratch brownies a little lift, but not too much because ain’t no room for cakey brownies in my kitchen!
Now, the best part of all… The gooey, melty peppermint center comes from simply laying whole, unwrapped Peppermint Patties on top of half of the brownie batter.
Sounds complicated? It’s not.
Just pour half of the batter into your prepared 8×8 pan, place 16 unwrapped Peppermint Patties over this layer, and then cover those bad boys up with the rest of the brownie batter. Peppermint Pattie brownie batter sandwiches. Umm YUM.
Oh wait… You have to bake them first.
Only about 35 minutes in the oven and then the torturous waiting for them to cool. AHHHH, the worst. I let mine cool completely, as in overnight, before I photographed them.
A little bird told me that if you pop one of these room temperature brownies in the microwave for a bit, that peppermint center becomes nice and gooey and pretty much magic in your mouth.
You’d probably get the same effect if you cut into your brownies before they are completely cool. Be my guest! But invite me over? I think I need to taste test this recipe again in all forms of peppermint meltiness.
If you love Peppermint Patties as much as I do, you’re going to love stuffing your brownies with them. Not only is it a way to get more Peppermint Patties in your life, but what mint chocolate lover doesn’t need more chocolate surrounding his or her mint chocolate candy?
And if that chocolate is in dense, fudgy brownie form?! Fahgetaboutit.
These brownies are a must.
Peppermint Pattie Brownies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter cut into 6-8 slices
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs room temperature preferred*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour be sure to measure properly
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 16 fun size York Peppermint Patties unwrapped
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line an 8" or 9" square baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and chopped chocolate, stirring frequently until completely smooth. Allow to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Whisk sugar into cooled chocolate mixture until combined. Add the eggs one at a time, whisking after each addition until smooth. Whisk in the vanilla. Add the flour and salt and stir gently until completely combined.
- Pour half of the batter into prepared pan. Layer unwrapped Peppermint Patties evenly over batter. Pour remaining batter over the Peppermint Patties, spreading with a spatula to insure all of the Patties are covered.
- Bake brownies for 32-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. Allow brownies to cool completely before cutting into squares. Warm brownies in the microwave to melt the peppermint filling before enjoying, if desired. Store brownies covered in the refrigerator up to 1 week or in the freezer up to 2 months.
If you love these brownies, you’ll adore my Andes Mint Cookies!