As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Fudgy brownies made from scratch with salted caramel sauce swirled right into the brownie batter. Drizzle with more salted caramel sauce and sprinkle with flaky sea salt for a perfectly sweet and salty treat.
I KNOW. The drippy caramel is almost too much to take. I totally get it.
And you’ll be just as bonkers over these salted caramel brownies (August’s edition of FAF’s Brownie of The Month) and dying to whip up a batch as I was by the time we’re through with this post.
It’s totally apparent any time I post a recipe involving salted caramel sauce (my personal fav and the one linked there is made with a heavy hand of bourbon), people go bananas over it (and we’ve got salted caramel banana bread for those folks).
A little more decadent, a little more pizzaz, a little extra special, and a whole lot of flavor in every bite.
We’re swirling some salted caramel sauce right into the batter, creating pockets of caramel inside each brownie.
Then, if you’re feeling saucy (of course you are, it’s 2020), drizzling more salted caramel sauce on top to create caramel puddles.
I mean, if caramel puddles can’t fix 2020, what can… Right?
A sprinkle of some flaky sea salt, and these brownies are out-of-this-world good, my friends.
Not feeling the extra salt? No big. Just leave it off. They’ll be just as good without it.
Traveling with your brownies? Drizzle caramel sauce and sprinkle with salt when you get there.
Whatever you do, don’t let these salted caramel brownies pass you by. They’re my new fav of my series (do I say that every month? It’s possible!).
Ditch that box mix. And make that caramel sauce from scratch (I make it easy with my simple instructions). Though you can totally use store-bought sauce if you must… Seriously no judgment.
The only judgment you’ll get from me is if you don’t make these. Mmmkay? We need all the caramel puddles we can get!
Salted Caramel Brownies
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter cut into 6-8 slices
- 8 ounces (227g) semi-sweet chocolate coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup (150g) firmly packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs room temperature preferred*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (90g) all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup (110g) homemade caramel sauce plus more for drizzling, if desired
- sea salt or other flaky salt
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (177ºC). Line an 8" or 9" square baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and chopped chocolate, stirring frequently until completely smooth. Allow to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Whisk sugar into cooled chocolate mixture until combined. Add the eggs one at a time, whisking after each addition until smooth. Whisk in the vanilla. Add the flour and salt and stir gently until completely combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Pour the caramel sauce evenly over the top of the batter, then carefully swirl into the pan of batter with a butter knife. Bake brownies for 32-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. Allow brownies to cool completely before cutting into squares.
- When you are ready to cut the brownies, remove the brownies by lifting the foil overhang straight up. Peel back remaining foil and place brownie block onto a large cutting board. Drizzle with more caramel sauce and sprinkle with sea salt, if desired. Store leftover brownies at room temperature up to 1 week. Brownies freeze well, up to 3 months. Thaw in refrigerator overnight.
Get some caramel sauce all up in your ice cream with some homemade praline ice cream!