As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Soft and crunchy pumpkin Rice Krispies treats with a touch of cinnamon-sugar on top. An easy, no-bake fall snack!
As pumpkin baking season comes to a close and I start to get into gingerbread, cranberries, and peppermint, I am topping off this month of pumpkin recipes with a spicy version of a classic snack: the Rice Krispies treat.
The pumpkin version could not be easier, and I think you’re going to love the result!
It all starts with a bag of these bad boys…
When I saw a bag of these Pumpkin Spice Mallows, I had to scoop it up! If you can’t find them, don’t panic– I’ll cover that in the recipe. But look how cute they are!
For these fall-inspired Krispies, you’ll need butter, marshmallows, pumpkin pie spice, Rice Krispies (a generic version will also work just fine), and I added a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar to the top for good measure. That last step is completely optional… But I think it adds a nice little touch to the overall flavor.
And of course… Halloween sprinkles. Everything in the month of October needs Halloween sprinkles, yes?
THE SECRET TO SOFT RICE KRISPIES TREATS
Do you know how to keep your Rice Krispies treats soft? Press them gently into your baking pan. If you press them in too hard, you’ll end up with dense, crunchy, packed treats. Keep the heavy hand away from these pumpkin Krispies. Soft and chewy crunchy is the way to go.
I cut mine with a cookie cutter into pumpkin shapes, but this is also completely optional. However… Please know that the Krispies shaped like pumpkins taste much better than ones just cut into squares. Ok… I’m only kidding. Or am I?
Top with Halloween sprinkles, candy corn, mallow creme pumpkins… Whatever your Halloweeny heart desires. And there’s absolutely nothing wrong with leaving them plain… In all honesty, you’ll probably scarf them down too quickly to notice what they look like anyway…
I hope you’ve enjoyed a month of pumpkin goodies! I’ll be moving on to some of my other favorite fall treats shortly, but not before I share a great way to use up your Trick-or-Treat candy… And of course, I’ll still be pumpkin-ing up my coffee for quite some time, and I think that you should too!
Pumpkin Rice Krispies Treats
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1-8 ounce bag pumpkin spice marshmallows*
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 5 cups Rice Krispies or any kind of crispy rice cereal
- cinnamon-sugar mixture for sprinkling on top optional
- Halloween sprinkles optional
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and pumpkin pie spice and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Add Rice Krispies cereal and stir until well-coated.
- Using a spatula sprayed with non-stick spray, gently press mixture into baking pan. Sprinkle a mixture of cinnamon-sugar on top (a mixture of 3 parts sugar to 1 part cinnamon), along with sprinkles (both steps optional). Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares or into desired shapes with a cookie cutter. Store treats in an airtight container up to one week.