As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Creamy, spicy pumpkin dip sweetened with a touch of brown sugar, perfect for dipping cookies, apples, and graham crackers.
I am having major regret that I haven’t shared this recipe with you until now.
Regret first because it means I’ve been holding out on you, but also major regret that I have to look at the pictures all over again with no dip in sight left to curb the craving I now have for gingersnaps and creamy, spicy pumpkin dip.
That is total #foodbloggerproblems right there.
The truth is, I made this dip a long long time ago. As in August. And it was oh soooo wonderful then, but if you recall, it was unseasonably warm pretty much through half of October here, so the effect wasn’t quite the same.
Now that the air is chilly and it’s getting dark earlier, I’m feeling I need to make another batch of this pumpkin dip ASAP.
And also, any excuse to eat gingersnaps is a-ok with me.
THIS EASY PUMPKIN DIP COULD NOT BE SIMPLER
This dip is crazy easy and you only need a handful of ingredients.
While the main flavor here is pumpkin, the base of the dip is cream cheese to help hold things together, give the dip some texture, and keep it nice and creamy.
While you’ll definitely taste cream cheese in this dip, we’re sweetening things with a little brown sugar and then adding some pumpkin pie spice and also extra cinnamon so that this dip tastes just like pumpkin and not vaguely like it.
All the pumpkin flavor here today, folks!
To combine everything, you’ll need a mixer, handheld or stand, or a really awesome hand at whisking. I suggest the first unless you’ve got muscles like woah.
WHAT TO DIP IN PUMPKIN DIP
Now, for dipping?
Apples, graham crackers, gingersnaps, pears, spoons, (clean) fingers, vanilla cookies, you know…
Anything and everything.
Consider this pumpkin dip for your next fall gathering, an app or dessert for your Thanksgiving spread, or, you know, a Tuesday night snack… Because yes.
Gluten free, fall-y, spicy, packed with everyone’s favorite flavor, and perfect for dipping. Bring on all the pumpkin dip!
- 8 ounces (225g) full fat cream cheese softened to room temperature
- ¾ cup (194g) pumpkin purée*
- ¼ cup (50g) packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a medium bowl with a handheld mixer or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and pumpkin on medium speed until completely combined.
- Add the brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon and beat again until smooth. Cover tightly and chill at least 30 minutes before serving. Leftovers stay fresh covered in the refrigerator up to 5 days.