As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
Learn how to make your own crunchy, flavorful pita chips at home.
I was going to combine this homemade pita chip recipe with my creamy buffalo hummus recipe post, but they turned out so well that I decided they needed their own post.
They could not be easier, so I promise I won’t
talk type too much!
All you need to make crunchy, flavorful, oh-so-wonderful pita chips at home is:
√ pitas (I prefer whole wheat, white is fine)
√ olive oil
√ garlic powder
√ your preferred seasoning (I used Mrs. Dash table seasoning)
√ sea salt or other flaky salt
That’s it! Easy.
You’ll start by cutting each pita into 8 wedges.
Then, arrange them on a prepared baking sheet.
Whip up some seasoned olive oil for brushing, and then brush each wedge with the olive oil. Turn the wedges over and brush the other side.
Finish them off with a sprinkle of flaky salt and bake for 10-11 minutes.
Let them cool, and you’re done!
See? Easy. You are well on your way to delicious homemade pita chips that you can customize to your liking. Plus, I think they’re even crunchier than store-bought. It’s all about the crunch, isn’t it?!
Homemade Pita Chips
- 4 whole wheat (or white) pitas each cut into 8 wedges*
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon preferred seasoning I used Mrs. Dash table seasoning
- sea salt or other flaky salt
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Arrange pita wedges on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a small prep bowl, combine olive oil, garlic powder, and preferred seasoning. Mix together until thoroughly combined.
- Using a pastry brush, brush each wedge with seasoned olive oil. Flip each wedge over and brush the other side. Sprinkle sea salt over all of the wedges.
All nutritional values are approximate and provided to the reader as a courtesy. Changing ingredients and/or quantities will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.