As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Just two ingredients make the easiest and most delectable fruit dip. Jazz it up with a touch of your favorite extract!
It’s not often I feel like my fruit needs a dip, but when I do, it’s usually around the holidays because WHY NOT and also fruit tends to be a little lackluster in the winter when we aren’t swimming in cheap produce and the best kind of fruit spring and summer have to offer.
But… Who am I kidding?
Even when the fruit is in its prime, sometimes it’s just downright delicious to dip into some soft and creamy fruit dip. Especially those strawberries.
Plus, did you know that fruit dip is as simple as TWO INGREDIENTS? THREE if you count the extract I like to add to mine for a little extra pizzaz?
We’re 1/4 of the way through our 12 Dips of Christmas, and it’s time for a classic.
How To Make Fruit Dip
A fruit dip recipe is seriously as simple as cream cheese and marshmallow fluff or marshmallow creme.
I didn’t know that until I went looking.
I don’t know what I thought it was, but one search in Google and it’s really all the recipes I could find include.
And I, of course, added some almond extract because I am such an almond extract fan girl and it took this dip from deeeeelish to “OMG what is so tasty in there?” so I’m going to go ahead and say don’t leave it out.
Almond Extract Takes Fruit Dip To Next Level Delicious!
You could also opt for plain ol’ vanilla extract OR make things even better with a little lemon or orange extract. Maybe some fresh squeezed lemon juice or orange juice? If you try something different, let me know!
Or… Invite me over. I’m a really good taste tester.
Personally, I think my fruit dip is the best fruit dip because of that almond extract, but you try it and be the judge!
Bonus points: you can even freeze this fruit dip so you have one less thing to prepare the day of whatever sort of party or gathering you’re hosting or going to. Thaw in the fridge overnight and you’re golden!
This may be the shortest narrative I’ve ever written ever, but in all honesty– how much could one possibly have to say about marshmallow fruit dip with cream cheese?
We love cream cheese.
We love fluff.
Put them together and we have something magical.
Like I don’t know if I can even call this a recipe for fruit dip. Because it’s more like a sticky note for fruit dip.
And definitely no judgment if you want to eat this stuff straight up. I’m pretty sure most of the fruit I dipped into mine during the photo shoot were loaded with about 3 servings’ worth.
What’s your favorite fruit for dipping??
- 8 ounces (225g) cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 7 ounces (198g) marshmallow creme
- OPTIONAL: ¼ teaspoon desired extract I use almond*
- Add the cream cheese and the marshmallow creme to a medium size bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Using a handheld mixer or the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and marshmallow together on medium-high speed until smooth.
- Turn off the mixer, add extract, if using, and beat again on low speed. Allow dip to chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving with fruit. Store leftovers in the refrigerator up to 1 week. Dip may be frozen up to 1 month. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.