Whether it be a graduation party, a Memorial Day picnic, a cookout for the 4th of the July, or simply no reason at all to gather with your favorite people for good food and memory making in the summer time, the next few months are going to be full of picnics, BBQs, and all sorts of get togethers. You need to be well-equipped!
This is my list of the top 10 snackies and desserts from my blog to bring to your next picnic. The following recipes are easy to throw together, easy to transport, and can be made to feed groups of people large or small.
1. Everything Hummus: Hummus is so easy to make at home, and this recipe shows you how to make hummus that is flavored like an everything bagel– sesame seeds, garlic, poppy seeds, caraway seeds– the works. It’s so much better than store bought, and you will impress all your friends, promise!
2. Candy Bar Blondies: I originally made these blondies around Halloween with leftover trick-or-treat candy, but the truth is, blondies filled with chopped candy bars know no season. Candy is always available… Might as well bring some to a picnic! Consider using m&m’s in party theme colors to make them even more festive!
3. Chocolate Cherry Chunk Brownies: Chocolate and cherries are so good together, and these brownies feature dense chocolate flavor, accompanied by tart cherries and cherry filled chocolate chips. They’re one of my favorite snacks from 2014, and I think you’ll agree, they’re a winner recipe!
5. Cake Batter Dip: This dip. Oh. Em. Gee. It has gotten rave reviews, and you will surely be everyone’s favorite person at the party if you bring this. I swear.
6. Blueberry Lemon Pie Bars: This was one of the most popular recipes on my blog in 2014, and rightfully so. Bright, sunny, fruity, citrusy, and creamy all at the same time. They are perfect for the summer time.
7. Key Lime Pie Bars: Key lime is the epitome of summer flavor, and these bars feature that flavor in a creamy, almost cheesecake-like filling. All on top of a spicy graham cracker crust, these bars are a must-have warm weather treat.
8. Fluffernutter Bars: The only other companion peanut butter goes with as well as it does chocolate is marshmallow. These bars are so full of peanut buttery goodness and each bite is swirled with marshmallow creme. Mini marshmallows baked right into the top take them to a whole different level. No shortage of marshmallow in these puppies!
9. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites: Eggless, no-bake, kid-friendly, easy to customize based on party colors and/or themes. Change up the chips you throw into them and you’ll have a whole sampling of bite-size cookie dough!
10. Piña Colada Bars: If there was ever a way to put a refreshing cocktail into a portable, straw-less dessert, it’s these bars. Bursting with pineapple flavor and laced with sweet shredded coconut, the only other thing you’ll need are some flip flops and sunglasses.
I hope you’ll consider bringing one (or three) of these recipes with you to your next food gathering. Let’s make summer 2015 the best one yet… Starting with dessert.