As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
A smooth and velvety cream cheese dip flavored with molasses and seasonal spices.
We’re onto dip #8 of our dip party, and now it’s time to get to the holiday flavors! Prior to this, we’ve had all sorts of dips that can cater to any spread you’ve got going on, but today’s dip and the next are definitely holiday-centric!
Gingerbread! That iconic spicy flavor that just makes you feel all warm and jingly inside, with its cozy ginger and clove notes, bitey nutmeg and cinnamon, and juuuuuust enough sweetness that you won’t feel overloaded with sugar when you dip a cookie into this bad boy.
Yes– dipping cookies into dip is happening today. Droooooool!
The base for this dip is cream cheese, so it’s almost like a gingerbread cheesecake dip, in case you needed any additional convincing to make it.
We’ll sweeten with a bit of brown sugar, but the bulk of the flavor will come directly from molasses. Deep, dark flavor, kept nice and light with creaminess and sweetness.
We’ll fluff things up a little bit with some heavy cream, just for added texture and to help thin out that molasses.
Add some ground spices and you’re all set after a quick chill in the refrigerator.
As for your dippers, you’ve got a few directions you could go.
Keep things salty and go with something like pretzels or crackers…
Go fruity and dip some apple slices…
Or, be daring, and go gingerbread on gingerbread and dip some spiced gingerbread cookies in there… I know where you can find a good recipe.
Whatever you decide to dip, it’s sure to be a hit on any wintery celebratory dessert spread!
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1/3 cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- In a large bowl with a handheld mixer or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Add the molasses, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves and beat again on low until completely incorporated.
- With the mixer on medium-high speed, add the heavy cream and beat until everything is combined and dip starts to get slightly fluffy (it will not fluff up like whipped cream). Chill in the refrigerator at least 1 hour before serving. Store leftovers covered tightly in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
All nutritional values are approximate and provided to the reader as a courtesy. Changing ingredients and/or quantities will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.