Well, we’ve been here before, yes? It’s the return of the homemade pita chips, but this time, we’re working with a whole new ball game!
And lucky for you, adding this cheese is a total snap and will only add a few more minutes to the easy peasy original recipe I brought to you last summer.
The only difference? These cheesy pita chips won’t stay crisp nearly as long as those made without cheese, but that’s ok, because you’ll finish them fairly quickly thanks to the cheesy parsley & chive hummus that I’ve brought you today as well.
This recipe is so easy, in fact, that I’ll let the video do the talking (writing?) for me. The recipe is written out below, so don’t fret if you don’t get all the information from one watch.
Sit back, relax, and let your mouth water. Then get into the kitchen and whip up these cheesy homemade pita chips. Don’t forget about the hummus to go with them!
Can’t view the video? Click here to view it on YouTube.
- 4 whole wheat (white is fine) pitas, each cut into 8 wedges*
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ Tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 4 parsley leaves, finely chopped
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- sea salt or other flaky salt
- 3 and ½ ounces Sincerely, Brigitte™ Parsley Chives Cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Arrange pita wedges on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a small prep bowl, combine olive oil, garlic powder, parsley, and chives. Mix together until thoroughly combined.
- Using a pastry brush, brush each wedge with herbed olive oil. Flip each wedge over and brush the other side. Sprinkle sea salt over all of the wedges.
- Bake pita wedges for 8-9 minutes until browned. Remove from oven and sprinkle shredded cheese evenly over the pita chips. Bake for another 2 minutes until cheese is melted. Pita chips will crisp up into "chip" texture as they cool, but keep in mind, the cheese will prevent them from getting super crispy. Serve with your favorite dip (like my Cheesy Parsley & Chive Hummus). Store pita chips in an airtight container or large zip-top bag at room temperature up to 2 days.
My friends at Sincerely, Brigitte provided me with the cheese to bring you this recipe. All opinions are 100% my own.
If you like dipping things, try my classic and crunchy Homemade Pita Chips and serve both with this hummus!